Eligibility and Requirements
- A project must be led by a Mount Sinai Principal Investigator (PI) with laboratory space in a Mount Sinai research facility.
- The aim of the project must be to achieve a meaningful commercial value-inflection point with well-defined milestones achievable within the project period.
- Projects should utilize professional third-party organizations whenever possible, unless the work described in the proposal can only be performed in a Mount Sinai research lab.
- Full proposals must be submitted by a project team including:
- Mount Sinai PI
- Representative from Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (MSIP) or the Experimental Therapeutics Institute (ETI)
- Clinical or other translational expertise
- All IP developed during the course of the proposed research, including results of research conducted at third-party organizations, must be assigned to Mount Sinai.
- Contracts with CROs or any other third-party entity must be examined and approved by MSIP.
- Quarterly progress reports are required for all projects in addition to milestone achievement reports completed to secure continued project funding.