About the Bootcamp
The MSIP Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is the first part of the Program, educating participants in the fundamentals of healthcare technology commercialization at Mount Sinai. The 10-week program is open to all members of the Mount Sinai community who are interested in learning how to develop a healthcare solution and build a commercial path that aims to impact the patient population. The Bootcamp runs from October 1 to December 11.
About the Launchpad
The MSIP Tech Launchpad, the second part of the Program, will begin in early 2022. Upon successful completion of the Bootcamp, participants will apply the knowledge gained from the Bootcamp to help further develop their technologies and position their solutions to gain traction through partnerships, investment, or other commercial paths.
About the Pitch Challenge
The Mount Sinai Pitch Challenge* is the Entrepreneurship Program’s capstone event, where finalists will compete for a $25,000 cash prize and pro-bono services to continue the development of their healthcare solution. Teams will be judged by members of the venture capital community and seasoned entrepreneurs or operators. Learn more about the Pitch Challenge 2021 winner Gilga-Med, and other finalists including Vir2U and Bedboard.
*Participation in the Pitch Challenge is not guaranteed for all Program participants who complete the Bootcamp and Launchpad.
Participants will learn:
- the technology commercialization process at Mount Sinai.
- business modeling basics via I-Corps and the Lean Startup methodology.
- competitive and market intelligence.
- product development tactics.
- funding and investment strategies.
- legal and regulatory foundations.
- how to pitch solutions to strategic partners.
- the startup investing and finance landscape.